From the organisers:
Registration is now open for the first ever Southeast Regional HIA Summit! July 31 – August 2, Davidson, NC.
This is NOT your typical conference. Let’s face facts…HIA practitioners are a special breed of people who are creative enough to bridge the gap between multiple fields and operate outside of the box on a daily basis. Whenever we get together the atmosphere is more like a family reunion than a meeting. Add in the small-town charm of Davidson, NC and southern hospitality and you just know you are in store for a good time.
Here’s what the first Southeast Regional HIA Summit has to offer:
- Opportunities to LISTEN: Hear from Dr. John Santopietro, M.D., Carolinas HealthCare System, on The State of Mental Health in the U.S. and Mitchell Silver, AICP, Past President of the American Planning Association on Building Healthy Communities.
- Chances to LEARN: From each other during small group discussions− HIA Speed Dating, HIA Tool Exchange, Troubleshooting your HIA, Developing the HIA Message, Sustaining an HIA Program, and HIA and Health Equity.
- Time to HAVE FUN: Networking during community activities including bicycling on Davidson’s greenway, paddling on Lake Davidson and viewing the Davidson Design for Life Documentary at Our Town Cinema.
- And much, much more!
Likely participants include: HIA practitioners, researchers, and funders; professionals and educators from the fields of planning, policy, and public health; and interested government officials and not-for-profit leaders. To get the most out of the Summit, you should have direct experience in conducting HIA; be currently involved in conducting your first HIA; or at least have a basic understanding of the process and principles of HIA.
Everything you need to know about the Summit may be found on our web page:
- Preliminary schedule-of-events
- Hotel information
- Online registration or a printable registration form (Early Bird Registration Deadline is June 15)
- Travel scholarship
- How to get to Davidson, NC
For more information and questions, please contact Courtney Spear, Summit Conference Planner at 704.400.0880 or email@example.com