Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bread

While I was at the grocery store I noticed organic apple sauce on sale! I bought 4 jars. Apple sauce is a good healthy snack if you run out of fresh fruit, as well I use it for baking too. A couple of days ago I decide to enjoy a 1/2 cup of apple sauce as a snack, when I realize that I bought sweetened! I don't understand why you would put sugar in apple sauce? It tastes so much better with out it. So to use up these jars, I will be using them for baking. If you make this recipe you may want to add a little bit of sweetener(honey, maple syrup, organic sugar) if you are using regular apple sauce. 

Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bread
  • 3 cups flour
  • 3 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup applesauce
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups apples - peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
  • 1 cup chopped raisins (I soak my raisins first)
Pre-heat oven to 350.  Grease loaf pan. (I used a square baking dish this time as I could not find my loaf pan...I totally suggest you use a loaf pan, so you can slice bread for the toaster.  Yummy!)
In a big bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. 
In larger mixing bowl, add apple sauce, eggs, vanilla, raisins, and apples. 
Add dry to wet, mix till just moistened, add more applesauce if needed.
Bake  45-60 minutes or tooth pick come out clean.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment