- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 medium red potatoes,diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups heavy cream (or use milk if watching your weight)
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- Dash of pepper
- 2-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onion until tender.
- Add the potato, carrot, broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in the cream, corn and pepper. Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Combine the flour and cold water until smooth; gradually whisk into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with bacon.