EIA Quality Mark Webinar Series
Integrating Health into EIA practice
Thu 30 August 2012: 12.30-1.30pm BST
The August EIA Quality Mark webinar will focus on the relationship between human health and EIA (in the UK). Whilst not specified in the current EIA Directive, the protection of human health is a key driver behind much environmental legislation and is a topic that must be given consideration in Strategic Environmental Assessment and where EIA is undertaken in a trans-boundary context (i.e. under the Espoo Convention).
This webinar will include presentations from:
- Raoul Tufnell - Hyder Consulting's Land Development Team
- Gillian Gibson - Managing Director - Gibson Consulting & Training
The presentations will consider:
- What health is, its role in and relationship with EIA, and the tools available to assess health impacts,
- Provide case studies of how health can be integrated into the EIA, including:
- An application for a NSIP consent order (Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project)
- A major new residential development
- Provide conclusions on future opportunities for appropriate further integration of health issues into EIA practice.
As usual the webinar will be chaired by IEMA, who will provide a brief EIA update at the start of the webinar on wider developments in EIA legislation, guidance and practice.
Courtesy of Olena Popovych, Atkins Global.