Yummy Curry

This may not be the healthiest curry dish and it is in no way good for your waist line!  But it is our favourite meal!  I alter this dish to the ingredients I have on hand.  It's all good, and my kids love it!  The coconut milk makes it a little sweet to accompany the spicy!

Ingredients

Onion, green onion, or not at all.
1 fresh green chili, or chili spice.
Vegetables any, all or none what ever you have.
Tomatoes I throw in one or two of my frozen roma toms chopped or purred.(no skin) or not at all!
ginger fresh or powder

Protein - Chicken, sprouted chickpeas, both or 1 as much as you need to feed your family!...let me know if you try something different that works!
fresh cilantro (go out buy this it is so good for you!) chop leaves I dont use the stems.
1 tbls curry paste or use curry powder.
1 can of coconut milk (yes I said can...but it is so good!  Still looking for a replacement)
Almonds if you got them!  So yummy!
unsweetened shredded coconut - handful
Dried fruit raisins, apricots, figs...or none
a little freshly ground pepper

Cook first group of ingredients for about 10 min on medium heat.  You may use a little oil if wanted.
Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 20-30 mins.  Add a little water if needed.

Serve with a dollop of natural yogurt, top with almonds, fresh cilantro, and a little squeezed lemon if you like. Beside rice, couscous, homemade naan, and/or chopped green salad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment