Weightloss Update!

I know it has been awhile since I posted about my personal journey with my weightloss.  I was maintaining my current weight but not losing any.  I was very frustrated with myself and couldn't get past it.  Until last week when I finally took the time to figure out what I really wanted.
This week I was able to kick myself into high gear and start getting things done!  First step I made, was to figure out why I wasn't losing weight.  Not hard I knew the reasons, but writing them down and having them stare in your face is eye opening.  Second step was to figure out why I actually wanted to lose weight.  What is my motivation for losing?  And then then hard part, how?  What is my plan of attack?
So here are some of the things I figured out.
 

Reasons for why I am not losing.
  • Procrastination - I will start on Monday, I will start when I finish this great book(I have read so much books about metabolism!)
  • Giving up - I eat healthy, I exercise, why should I try harder?
  • Loving my bread - I do have a love affair with bread!  Homemade bread, tortilla's, foccacia, pita, and all those yummy multigrain breads!
  • Motivation/Stress - I just haven't had much energy or want, to put a plan together.  I have been under a lot of stress(of my own making).  To read my latest stress click here.
So what has changed to start the scale going downwards?

Reasons why I kicked myself into gear to start losing
  • My health - I have noticed I don't have as much energy as I used to.  I want that energy back!
  • My Wardrobe - I noticed I have nothing to wear.  I don't want to shop for larger clothes!         A tip for everyone losing weight -  Get those larger sizes out of the closet when you shrink out of them!  You never want to fit back into them, so get rid of them!
  • Photo's taken of me! - Especially full body photo's!  See most recent photo above.  Not a very flattering angle or facial expression.  But hey that is me.  I want to change it back to me 20lbs ago!
  • My Family - I found I didn't feel comfortable doing some very fun stuff with my family including swimming.  I want to like myself in a swim suit and not feel so self conscious of my appearance, so I can participate in fun things with my family. 
  • My Wednesday Followers - I felt I was letting you guys down.  You are following me and I wasn't updating any progress.  I really need your support and I don't want to lose anyone!
We all don't lose weight equally.  There is no diet or weightloss program that will work the same for everybody.  So you need to find out what you personally need to do to change your lifestyle to start losing weight.  It is hard.  I read a ton of books and health blogs to see what would work for me.  I am not an expert I just know what works for me.
Since I do live a healthy lifestyle, I have already given up some unhealthy choices, including fastfood, boxed foods, canned goods, salt, and added sugar, including pop and chips(and you know something - I don't even miss them anymore!).

Things I have changed this week to start losing weight - My plan of attack
Cut back on bread - I love bread but have cut back to 2 servings a day.  Which includes other starches like pasta, rice, and potatoes.
Water - I have made sure I drank all my allotted water for the day, and also added some lemon or lime juice to it.  I read that adding an ounce of lemon juice to each of your 8 daily glasses of water helps with weightloss in many ways.  So I thought I would give it a try!
Antioxidants- I have added more foods rich in antioxidants into my daily meal plan.  Cherries, blue berries, lemon, spinach, peppers, just to name a few. Very yummy!
Working out - This I haven't changed, I try to go to the gym 3 mornings a week as well as getting more activity into my day.
Food Journal - Ahhh!  I hate keeping a food journal!  But I do know that it helps keep me on track and it does work for me!  Just check out my wii pics!

It has been 5 days and I have lost 1.5 lbs!  Now to keep up the good work.  Standing on my wii fit helps keep me accountable!  Watching that line graph going down also really motivates me to keep going!





0 comments:

Post a Comment