Well it is great day...the birds are singing, the sun is shining, and I just got back from my first ever morning workout at the gym! I was finding it very hard to reach my goal of going to the gym 3 days a week. The problem was I was waiting to go after dinner. You see my husband and I work out together and going after dinner was just not working out for us...so we are trying something new! Mind you I was yawning most of the time and going slower than normal...but hey I am getting an extra hour or so of movement during the day than I normally have...So yay me!
Looking for recipes, tips, and your weight loss stories! If you read My Story you will see my before and after pics of my weight loss journey. Hoping to find some inspiration and helpful tips from you all!
Lets help each other achieve our weight loss goals!
My Goals this week...
- Go to the gym 3 times! Husband actually thinks it might turn into 5! We will see how these morning workout go!
- Drink more water! Same as last weeks...still working at it!
- Watch my portion sizes...and start to "DIET" This what I was trying to avoid!
If you favor the traditional route of diet and exercise, then the following tips given below should work greatly to help with weight lose diet:-
1. Eliminate Eating Junk Food - Most of your efforts to reduce your weight will be unsuccessful of you are unable resist eating junk and processed foods. These primarily consist of fast foods and snack foods such as burgers, pizza, fries, potato chips etc. All of these foods offer very poor nutritional value and it consequently makes no sense at all to carry on eating them. Keep in mind - you will not be able to physically improve on an insufficient diet. You must look carefully at the contents of your cupboard, fridge and freezer and make certain that you switch all sugary and greasy foods with nourishing, healthy alternatives.
2. Drink a Lot of Water - Although you may have heard it over and over again, it is really true. Drinking water not only replenishes your system but also promotes weight loss. How is that possible? Well, as we all know, water is a fluid that directly passes your colon, so drinking water can flush away those toxins and unwanted fats. Drink at least 8 glasses a day for best results.
Water is essential to life and a healthy body. Dehydration will wreak havoc on you and your fitness goals. If you are dehydrated your body cannot function at its optimal level. For example, your muscles will loose strength, you won't burn fat as quickly, and you'll feel tired and fatigued.
3. Reduce the Size of Your Portions -You should eat five or six small portions each day at regular intervals of about 4 - 5 hours. This will aid appetite suppression and boost your rate of metabolism, causing you to burn additional fat without the need for too much physical effort.
4. Lower Your Calorie Consumption Without Deprivation - Do this by steadily reducing the amount of calories that you get through by a small quantity each day. This will tot up very quickly, but be aware that you will not start to lose weight until you reach the point at which you are expending a more calories than you eat each day. This incremental approach will help to cut down snacking and binging, which would clearly put you straight back where you began.
5. You Want to Start Exercising Regularly-This doesn't need to be anything excessive, but simply put: working out is almost certainly the most effective way to lose weight and enhance your general heath. Diets by themselves may assist you with losing some weight, but they are not able to improve your stamina, physical fitness, flexibility, mental state and help you achieve numerous other benefits in the way that regular exercise can.
Additionally, exercise is another technique to increase your metabolism, which, once more, helps you to burn off additional fat in less time.
6. Sleep Well - Practice a Good Night Sleep. Sleeping is a favorite quick weight loss tip since it is one of the most effortless. Do not understand the power of having enough sleep. It is vital to your overall weight loss plan. Medical research has proven that sleep deprivation would induce hunger, and improve appetite. This often results in excessive eating. Likewise, having sufficient sleep of at least 8 hours helps to bring a balance to the leptin level and aids weight loss.
These weight loss tips come from here.
What are your goals this week? Let me know in the comment section!
Add your old or new post below with MckLinky! Can't wait to see all the helpful tips/recipes/stories you have!
Please link directly to your post and not your blog URL. Please link back here so that everyone can join in the fun.