Black Bean Burgers! Yummy!

 Black Bean Burgers

I have been wanting to make black bean burgers for awhile now.  Today was the day!  I found a youtube video recipe that I really liked!  These are baked, not fried in oil!  I made them up as the video describes and added some more ingredients(left a few out too).  I thought the burgers were a bit on the wet side before I baked them, so I wasn't sure they would work out.  When they were done I was worried!  I took a bite out of one of the crumbly ones and I was worried that my family would not like it.  But I worried for naught!  After dressing the burgers up, Kaitie was asking for seconds, and Andrew was asking why I don't make them more often!  So this recipe is such a keeper!!!  I love when my kids like what I make!  Oh and you must make the chipotle mayo too!  Mmm Mmm!!!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups black beans cooked 
  • 2 slices dry whole wheat bread crumbled into tiny pieces 
  • 1/2 green pepper
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1 large stalk celery
  • 2 mushrooms
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
  • 1 egg (optional)
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika

Directions:

  1. Mash your beans in a bowl. Keep them a bit chinky.
  2. Use your food processor and  process all ingredients and add them to your beans.
  3. Mix egg and spices, add to bean mix.
  4. Mix well by hand.
  5. Form flat patties and bake in a preheated 350 oven for 10 min, flip carefully and bake for another 10 mins.  I made 5 very large patties.
  6. Serve with your fave burger toppings.  ENJOY!
Chipotle Mayo  
  • 3/4 Cup mayo
  • 1tsp Dijon Mustard
  • 1/4 Lime squeezed
  • 1-3 tsp chipotle sauce (or you can mince 1 chipotle pepper)
  • A little garlic powder to taste
Combine all ingredients add more or less to your own liking.

Watch this video to see how easy it is!  My recipe is tad bit different.


Submitting this recipe to Burger Club Free-For-All 

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment