I have been wanting to make black bean burgers for awhile now. Today was the day! I found a youtube video recipe that I really liked! These are baked, not fried in oil! I made them up as the video describes and added some more ingredients(left a few out too). I thought the burgers were a bit on the wet side before I baked them, so I wasn't sure they would work out. When they were done I was worried! I took a bite out of one of the crumbly ones and I was worried that my family would not like it. But I worried for naught! After dressing the burgers up, Kaitie was asking for seconds, and Andrew was asking why I don't make them more often! So this recipe is such a keeper!!! I love when my kids like what I make! Oh and you must make the chipotle mayo too! Mmm Mmm!!!
- 2 cups black beans cooked
- 2 slices dry whole wheat bread crumbled into tiny pieces
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 large stalk celery
- 2 mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Mash your beans in a bowl. Keep them a bit chinky.
- Use your food processor and process all ingredients and add them to your beans.
- Mix egg and spices, add to bean mix.
- Mix well by hand.
- Form flat patties and bake in a preheated 350 oven for 10 min, flip carefully and bake for another 10 mins. I made 5 very large patties.
- Serve with your fave burger toppings. ENJOY!
- 3/4 Cup mayo
- 1tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Lime squeezed
- 1-3 tsp chipotle sauce (or you can mince 1 chipotle pepper)
- A little garlic powder to taste
Watch this video to see how easy it is! My recipe is tad bit different.
Submitting this recipe to Burger Club Free-For-All