Garlic Cheese Popovers

Yesterday was a bit of a rainy day for us.  The kids wanted a snack and something to do.  So I looked through my bookmarks to see what I could find, to have fun making with the kids!  Tiffanee at One Crazy Cookie made these a while back, and when I saw them I just knew I would have to try them out!  I have never eaten a popover before and Tiffanee described them to be like yorkshire pudding...which I do like!  So I gave it a whirl!


Garlic Cheese Popovers

  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 cups Milk
  • 1 Tbls Olive oil
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp garlic 
  • 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
Throw all ingredients (reserve 1/2cup cheese) in a bowl.  Mix till well blended!
Divide batter between the muffin cups (makes 12) and sprinkle tops with remaining cheese.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until firm. Immediately after removing from the oven, prick each popover to let the steam escape, they will deflate a bit.  Let cool a bit before removing from muffin tin and serve warm.  Enjoy!


What did the family think?  They loved em!  This was such an easy recipe to make with few ingredients!  I did change it a little bit, but I am thinking you can add anything you like into these!  Fresh bell peppers, jalapeno's, onion, potato, and so much more!  Another fun new item for the recipe box!

Just Another Meatless Monday is hosted by Hey Whats For Dinner Mom?
Mad Skills Monday at Support Blog For Moms of Boys

Homemaker Mondays is hosted by 11th Heaven’s Homemade Haven
Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative

0 comments:

Post a Comment