Homemade Tahini and Hummus

Last week while visiting Hallee The Homemaker she posted on how to make your own Tahini Paste.  We all know how expensive tahini paste is!  I can't believe I didn't think of this, can you?  Super easy recipe 2 ingredients!

So today I decided to make some hummus, but first I would have to make some tahini.  Found the recipe, and that was when I realized I didn't have enough sesame seeds!  So  I thought ok I will half the recipe...but then I remembered Hallee also posted recipe that same day to make Sunflower Seed Substitute Tahini Paste !  Well ok!   I have sunflower seeds!  With both sesame seeds and sunflower seeds I still was a bit short.  So I adjusted the oil a little and I made Sesame/Sunflower (tahini)paste!  Mmmm yummy!  No more buying expensive tahini!  Hallee says that the jar should last about 3months in the fridge...but I really don't think my jar will last that long.

Sesame/Sunflower (tahini)paste
  • 1cup toasted sesame seeds
  • 1cup toasted sunflower seeds
  • 1/2cup olive oil 
Put all ingredients into food processor, whirl till mixed!
This is the best tasting Tahini ever!  I am totally addicted to this!  So easy, so yummy!  You really got to try it!


Hummus
I do not have an amazing must make recipe for hummus...Yet.  I just throw in the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and today I tried seasoning with cumin.  Nothing special but still yummy.  Do you have a good hummus recipe?  Let me know!

Sharing with Ultimate Recipe Swap hosted by Life as a Mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment